Friday, June 6, 2014

Perty Birdy photos

Had today off so I ventured out with the camera for some early morning photography at the Point Pelee marsh.  The Black Terns are back nesting yet again, and of course they are nesting close to the boardwalk offering great views, sometimes too great as they dive bomb you. Just a few photos from the marsh.





 
 
The Hillman Marsh shorebird cell still has remaining shorebirds including Dunlin, Semipalmated Sandpiper and Semipalmated Plover, along with Bonaparte's Gulls. The male Bufflehead was present as well, though I didn't see the Horned Grebe.  Didn't see any of the Little Gulls either while I was there this morning. Though not a good photo, I did manage to get a shot of a Black-billed Cuckoo.  What I was REALLY hoping to see was a flock of Black-bellied Whistling Ducks!! (Hey I can dream right? And there was a flock in Michigan recently)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment