Monday, December 16, 2013

Sibley Guide to Birds: Second Edition

Unless you have been living under a rock, most birders know by now that the new second edition to the Sibley Guide to Birds is coming out on March 11th, 2014.  In fact you can already pre-order online at Indigo.  Here is a link showing some of the new updated plates:

When the first edition came out back in 2000, it instantly became THE field guide to me, and I even had to purchase a second book as the other one got ridiculously beat up.  Over the years though the National Geographic Field Guide to Birds of North America has replaced Sibley's as my #1 guide given that it is more up to date.  I have the Sibley Field Guide app on my Samsung Galaxy S3, but the Nat Geo app is only available for those iSheep.

I probably don't have to mention that David Sibley is coming to Pelee during the Festival of Birds in 2014, for the weekend of May 3rd and May 4th.

This is exciting and I hope to get my new edition signed that weekend, unless there is a mega rarity to chase, then I'm sorry Mr. Sibley, you are second priority.

1 comment:

  1. SO excited!!!!! This is my "go to" book as well, and my 3rd copy is wearing out rapidly (nearly split in two).